Updates, Schedule and Road Closures – Week of March 28
The schedule for the week of March 28th can be found by clicking the following link: https://tinyurl.com/March28Schedule
ANTICIPATED ROAD CLOSURES FOR THE WEEK
- Monday 3/28: Broad Street to be closed between White Street and Wallace Street from approximately 7AM-5PM.
- Tuesday 3/29: Broad Street to be closed between White Street and Monmouth Street from approximately 7AM-5PM.
- Wednesday 3/30: Broad Street to be closed between Wallace Street and Linden Place from approximately 7AM-5PM. Monmouth Street will be local traffic only from Drummond Pl to Broad Street.
- Thursday 3/31: Broad Street to be closed between Wallace Street and Linden Place from approximately 7AM-5PM. Monmouth Street will be local traffic only from Drummond Pl to Broad Street.
- Friday 4/1: Broad Street to be closed between Monmouth Street and Linden Place from approximately 7AM-5PM.
SCHEDULED WORK FOR THE WEEK:
Replacement of the services from the main to the curb stop will continue throughout the week. This includes tying into your individual line that goes from the curb to your building.
Things To Keep In Mind In Preparation For This Process:
- While the borough is covering the portion from the main to the curb, property owners are still required to handle the water service or laterals between the curb and meter inside their building. When Montana Group goes to make the connection between the two, your line will need to be in working order.
- Should they encouter an issue connecting to your individual line, it is imperative that you have a licensed plumber available to asses and potentially replace your portion of the water line. This work will need to addressed and completed while the street is open in front of your property. If you have already started plans for the replacement of your line, please let us know so we can coordinate the work with the construction crew.
- Regardless of whether or not your line will need to be replaced, please expect a short interruption of your water service while work is performed for your property. You will be notified by the contractor, Montana Construction, prior to the interruption of your water service.
- As instructed by the contractor, following the transfer of your water service to the new water main, you should run your water to clear up any pipe debris in your system that may have become loose from the transfer.
- If you continue to see discoloration of water or experience any issues with clogging, please notify us so we can have someone sent out to promptly rectify the issue for you.
- In addition, should you have a sprinkler system for your property, it is important that you conduct a main drain flush out of the base of the sprinkler system to ensure water flow to the sprinkler heads are not obstructed.
- You will need to contact your sprinkler system contractor to schedule this work but please let us know if you have any questions about next steps.